Fazoli’s stands out in the industry with our strong reputation for fresh quality food and warm hospitality at a great value. Our combination of authentic Italian ingredients with fast casual convenience and a pleasurable dining experience, makes us an innovator in our field. Here’s a look into our company’s history and what makes our family so great!
- FastCasual.com – Top 100 Movers and Shakers
- NRA Restaurant Neighbor Awards
- #13 on Fast Casual’s “Brand of the Year” list
- Gold Stevie® Award winner for Company of the Year – Food and Beverage
- Fazoli’s introduces a new menu with upgraded salads, Signature Pastas and Primo Submarinos®.
- Fazoli’s receives the COEX Innovation Award in Marketing/Service
- CEO, Carl Howard, named #1 on Fast Casual’s Movers and Shakers list (People)
- Fazoli’s listed as #3 on Fast Casual’s Top 100 “Movers and Shakers” list (Brands)
- Awarded Silver Stevie in the 12th Annual American Business Awards Company of the Year competition.
- Fazoli’s named Fast Casual’s “Brand of the Year”
- CEO, Carl Howard, named ‘”Executive of the Year” by American Business Awards
- Fazoli’s is ranked #2 overall among large national fast-food chains in Zagat Fast Food Survey
- The University of Kentucky Institute for Workplace Innovation awards Fazoli’s the “Dr. Lee T. Todd, Jr. Bridging the Gap Between Workplace Research and Practice Award”
- Gold Stevie is awarded to Fazoli’s for Best Human Resources Department
- Recognized by national hunger relief organization Feed the Children, which gave Fazoli’s its Community Excellence Award
- Fazoli’s opens new prototype inline restaurants and embarks on a multi-year facilities remodel initiative – all designed to enhance our Guests’ experience beyond their expectations.
- Fazoli’s introduces over 30 new menu items, refreshing nearly 80% of the total menu offered. The new items introduce new flavor profiles and higher quality ingredients to our guests, continuing our commitment to serve great Italian in a fast and friendly environment.
- Parents Magazine recognizes Fazoli’s as one of the Ten Best Family Restaurants in the United States. Fazoli’s comes in at #4!
- Fazoli’s revamps its menu offerings with the Aaaahtalian menu, which has more than 50 items with zero grams trans fat.
- In 2006, we welcomed new ownership and set off to revitalize our menu and future plans for growth.
- Fazoli’s rolls out My Pizza!, a new 9-inch brick oven-style pizza in six great flavors. New franchise restaurants open in California, Idaho, Oklahoma, and Texas, and company-owned restaurants open in Colorado and Indiana.
- Fazoli’s is recognized by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine with the Best Kids Menu in America award.
- A new six-layer lasagna debuts offering layer of upon layer of cheese, noodles, and sauce.
- New franchise restaurants open in California, Nevada, Utah, and Texas.
- Fazoli’s goes “California Dreaming” with the opening of a restaurant in Norco, California.
- Fazoli’s rolls out its second line of oven-baked sandwiches, Panini’s, to rave reviews. Twenty-eight more franchise restaurants open. Fazoli’s wins Nation’s Restaurant News® & Coca-Cola®sponsored People And Performance Awards for dynamic employee retention practices and results.
- Additional franchise restaurants open, and the Las Vegas, Washington DC and Minneapolis-St. Paul markets come on-line during this year of dynamic franchise growth. Fazoli’s wins Nation’s Restaurant News® & Coca-Cola® sponsored Industry of Choice award for unique human resources programs and impact.
- In this year, additional franchise restaurants open. Aggressive franchise expansion in Texas and the Southwest is fueled by an ever-increasing brand awareness. Utah becomes the newest market with a Fazoli’s opening in the city of St. George.
- Fazoli’s rolls out Submarinos®, a submarine-type sandwich prepared to order and served on hot, freshly baked bread. Company-owned restaurant expansion slows, and a new priority is set on franchise growth. Additional company-owned and franchise restaurants open.
- Another 55 company-owned and 29 franchised restaurants open. A joint venture is established to open restaurants in Arizona and New Mexico.
- Restaurants open in Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, South Carolina and Ohio. The 100th restaurant opens in Oveido, Florida.
- Fazoli’s 50th restaurant opens in Auburn, Indiana. By the end of 1994, 73 company restaurants and 19 franchised restaurants are open.
- Fazoli’s expands operations further west, opening restaurants in the St. Louis market.
- The number of Fazoli’s Restaurants grows to 28.
- Fazoli’s open in Orlando, Florida, the first outside Kentucky. The first franchise restaurant is opened in Ashland, Kentucky by McKenzie Enterprises.
- Fazoli’s former parent company, Seed Restaurant Group, Inc., is formed. The name “Seed” was chosen to represent the company’s plan for growth and sharing seeds of success. Seed acquires the Fazoli’s concept from Jerrico. Six more Fazoli’s open in the Lexington area; the Sampler Platter, which would become the chain’s most popular menu item, is added to the menu; free, unlimited breadsticks become a signature product for all dine-in guests.
- Four new Fazoli’s open in Lexington.
- Jerrico opens its first quick-serve Italian restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Our franchisees are enjoying record sales with over two years of same store sales growth!
- Flexible footprint with inline, freestanding, and conversion options.
- Highly regarded by customers and the foodservice industry.
- Recently expanded Real Estate support.